tiistai 4. syyskuuta 2018

De-Googling my life

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of deleting all things 'Google'. I'm on Linux already, but there's still lots on my plate. I have de-installed Google Play, so preferably apps should be available via F-Droid or at least direct download.

Here are a few alternatives to the mainstream that work quite well for my needs.

  • Tor browser
  • Searx.me for search
  • Tutanota for email
  • Signal for chat
  • Mastodon instead of Twitter (Amazing how many of my friends have joined already, as well. It's like getting a fresh mailbox: Get rid of all the 'spam' at once, without having to unfollow lots of people.)
  • OpenStreetMap
  • Storage: Currently I'm storing everything locally, which is okay. Would be nice to have a sync option, though.

Any feedback, further suggestions are very welcome!

submitted by /u/an0nymster to r/linux
[link] [comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.