lauantai 21. lokakuuta 2017

Noise reduction with RawTherapee or Darktable?

I keep spending hours trying to coax a better image from my RAWs, only to end up using the JPGs anyway. Which is a shame, because I'd love to make use of the better possibilities of correcting white balance and exposure in particular.

My main problem is that the in-camera noise reduction always seems to be so much better than what I am able to achieve manually with either of those two programs.

A minor point is that I am also disappointed by the lens correction, which is a bit of a hit and miss. I seem to recall being amazed by Canon's own DPP lens correction - straight lines were suddenly straight and the image seemed to pop just after that.

I wonder if I am doing something profoundly wrong or if I am expecting too much from the software.

I do have vanilla material: an EOS 600D with standard Canon EF-S lenses 10-18 mm, 18-55mm kit, 55-250 mm and a Sigma 30mm/1.4 Art. So normally the lens correction should be straightforward. The lenses are also supported by the lensfun database and show up on the menus. It is more that I apparently don't know how to use the correction properly.

I'm using both programs with Linux Mint on a recent machine. This has been my frustration for years with several computers though. I have tons of RAW images on my hard disk I'd love to get some use from.

Anybody got an idea where I go wrong or links to tutorials which address these points?

submitted by /u/xrimane to r/photography
[link] [comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.