lauantai 29. huhtikuuta 2017

Do you clean up leftover files in ~/.config ~/.cache ~/.local after installing/removing programs?

If so, is there a good way to track leftover files for specific programs other than manually removing them?

I find I do this quite often and it gets annoying after a while having to do this manually all the time.

It would be interesting to know if I could isolate a program for those times where I need to run it only once in a while, so it doesn't leave leftovers files all over the place, I'd prefer to remove the container directory and move on.

Could this be achieved by running specific programs inside a container? If so, which ones would you recommend? I'm on Arch Linux.

Edit: seems like this is what I was looking for: http://bit.ly/2ph3Vwi

submitted by /u/sayelt to r/linux
[link] [comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.