torstai 7. huhtikuuta 2016

Too many copies in too many locations...How to organize?

I've really been letting my photo storage and organization go to hell recently it seems. I've got say 1000 photos in one folder one hard drive, backups on another, edits of many of those, copies of many of those for edits, some of the originals on my SD Cards. They're everywhere and too many places.

For example, I have a folder called "Storms 2015" which has all my storm .JPEGs and .NEFs, and then within them I have folders for the dates of certain storms. BUT, I also have those same photos in another folder

How can get organized? I would preferably them all on two harddrives, for 2 sets of backups, but I have no idea where to start.

Is there a program that can match photos? Say I have DSC_1234 stored 1 place, and and edited version elsewhere named "Rose #1". Is there anything that could match them up? What about having multiples files named DSC_1234?

I'm so unorganized I'm repeating my self even here.

I guess the best way is to just start from scratch and copy my photos to the 2 HDDs, and make a folder for every photo I care to edit complete with the original .jpegs, .nefs, edits, .xmps, and photoshop files? That would be a lot of folders though...

submitted by /u/3sheetz to /r/photography
[link] [comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.