keskiviikko 8. heinäkuuta 2015

PSA: If you only use Skype IM chat there is now a web version.

I know this is not 100% Linux related, but I'm posting it here, because I think it may be a valuable information to some people.

Few weeks ago the web version of Skype has become public (available for whole world not just US and UK). Currently it needs a non-browser plugin for video and audio to work, so all features don't work on Linux yet. This will change in future and all features will be available for all platforms (because they will depend on browser not OS).

So anyone who needs Skype IM chat only this is a great alternative to awkward outdated Skype client for Linux. Here is a link

The web version is not necessary better then native program (yet), but I use it mainly because I don't want to add any 32-bit packages in order for Skype to work.

submitted by skmlcd94 to linux
[link] [13 comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.