sunnuntai 7. syyskuuta 2014

What is your password management strategy?


To avoid writing my thesis, I started cleaning my computer. Now I arrived to the passwords step. I listed all the passwords that I need:



  • bios

  • hard drive encryption

  • root

  • user

    • firefox

      • ten or fifteen sites



    • thunderbird

      • two accounts



    • ssh key

    • gpg key

    • skype

    • the bank

    • irc

    • xmpp

    • etc.




So I have more than 20 passwords to memorize. For now, I rely on my brain to remember them. Ok I also use the password managers of firefox and thunderbird, but still, I have more than 10 passwords to remember!!


The perfect solution would be the one that make me remember only one password, but I don't think that it is possible (because of the bios and the hard drive).


So what is your overall strategy to minimize the number of passwords that you have to remember?



submitted by shilluc to linux

[link] [58 comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.