sunnuntai 14. syyskuuta 2014

Running services in containers on a headless server


I've got a headless server running Archlinux which has worked reliably for many years. I'd like to start getting away from using aur packages for things like seafile and instead install them in their "native" environment (debian). I looked at docker but it seems that because it shares the OS kernel I'm locked to the host distro.


Would vagrant be a good candidate? I've only used it on my laptop so I'm not sure if virtualbox will work headless (even though vagrant uses it that way).


edit: got off my ass and looked at the docker docs and it seems it can do a different distro.



submitted by Ashex to linux

[link] [8 comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.