tiistai 5. heinäkuuta 2016

Semi-photography related... how would I best scan THOUSANDS of photos?

Hello /r/photography. :-) I know this isn't exactly a photography question, but it's the closest sub I could find, and I think some of you might have the expertise for this anyway.

My parents have accumulated literally THOUSANDS of old photos from over the years, and I decided that I would try to digitize all of them and put them on a hard drive for them and for my family.

I bought an Epson V600 flatbed scanner. Unfortunately, I vastly underestimated the amount of time and effort it would take to raise and shut the lid several thousand times. I am going to have to sell it and get a new scanner, preferably something that can auto-feed small stacks of photos.

Something that disappointed me about the V600 was that the auto-scan feature would excessively crop off a small portion of the photo edges.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this kind of situation?

submitted by /u/primo_pastafarian to /r/photography
[link] [comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.