perjantai 26. helmikuuta 2016

I'm the CEO of an indie game development company, saved from bankruptcy by Reddit. AMA!

My short bio:

Ever heard of the phrase: "Sometimes life is stranger than fiction?". Well, I've heard it and I've experienced it. At the brink of bankruptcy I made a post to r/iAMA to tell of my experiences. The post soared to the front page and while the game sold the best it ever had, there was something far more astonishing that happened. I was contacted by CEO's with million exits. I was contacted by talented marketing professionals, even from the movie industry. They were Redditors, and they wanted to help. None of them asked anything in return, it was overwhelming.

 

With their help we turned our business around, we are still here! We created a new Kickstarter to bring our game Battlestation: Harbinger on Steam, and immediately succeeded for the first time, raising $8000 on top of our $10 000 goal.

 

It all feels really surreal, to think we were so lucky at our darkest moment. It has been an amazing ride. Today we release Battlestation: Harbinger on PC, our very first PC game. We were gamers, we dreamed of being game developers. Thanks to Reddit now we are. To fellow game developers and to anybody else, I want to share our journey and everything I have learned from these professionals with you. Ask me anything!

 

My Proof: Battlestation Twitter

submitted by /u/IfeelLuckyTonight to /r/IAmA
[link] [comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.