perjantai 11. syyskuuta 2015

I am the CEO of an indie game development company facing bankruptcy after having their game featured by both Google and Apple. AMA!

My Short Bio: I'm the CEO of an indie game development team 6 (3 on a salary) man strong, located in Finland. I've been in this business for close to 4 years now. I've put my heart and soul into this, survived through panic attacks and constant disappointment. I did this because I wanted to be passionate about something again, after not knowing what I wanted to do for 7 years while studying something I had no passion for.

 

We jumped into this together with my brother, just the two of us. We didn't know much about developing games when we started, my brother had coded a couple of simple ones using Flash in his spare time. I myself had no experience what so ever. We were gamers, we thought we could be great game developers.

 

For the past two years we have been working on a game series called Battlestation and our second Kickstarter is about to fail once again. Our newest mobile release Battlestation: Harbinger Google Play (Battlestation: Harbinger Apple App Store) was a huge success for us in a sense that the game was featured by both Apple and Google as "Best new games" and "New&updated" respectively. Still the sales are not enough to cover the development expenses.

 

I know a lot of the industry, ask me anything!

 

My Proof: Battlestation Twitter

 

Update: Oh wow this is blowing up! Our home pages can't sustain the traffic! I'm so humbled by all of your questions. I will do my best to answer all of them!

submitted by IfeelLuckyTonight to IAmA
[link] [1825 comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.