torstai 13. elokuuta 2015

Richard Stallman is right.

Hi All,

I’d just like to throw this out there: Richard Stallman was right all along. Before today, I thought he was just a paranoid, toe jam eating extremist that lived in MIT’s basement. Before you write me off, please allow me to explain.

Proprietary software phoning home and doing malicious things without the user knowing, proprietary BIOS firmware that installs unwanted software on a user’s computer, Government agencies spying on everyone, companies slowly locking down their software to prevent the user from performing trivial task, ect.

If you would have told me 2 years ago about all of this, I would have laughed at you and suggested you loosen up your tin foil hat because it’s cutting off circulation to your brain. Well, who’s laughing now? It certainly isn’t me.

I have already decided my next laptop will be one that can run open firmware and free software. My next cell phone will be an Android running a custom rom that’s been firewalled to smithereens and runs no Google (or any proprietary) software.

Is this really the future of technology? It’s getting to be ridiculous! All of this has really made me realize that you cannot trust anybody anymore. I have switch my main workstation to Linux about 6 months ago today and I’m really enjoying it. I’m also trying to switch away from large corporations for online services.

Let me know what you think.

submitted by ikantspelwrdz to linux
[link] [287 comments]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.